19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Awesome EDC!!! Very impressed straight out of the box. Razor Sharp, Super Light for EDC, and the best quality knife for the money I have had in a folder!! A definite must have for any person that carries a folder everyday. Thanks for a Great, Quality Product
I learned of Spartanblades through a friend that has several of their blades. The Astor is my first blade and I’m seriously impressed. The build quality, balance, everything about this is great. Veteran owned and made in the USA, what else can you ask for? Saving up for some more blades!
This is probably the best quality knife I have found for under $150. Great quality and zero play in any direction. Also, CTS-XHP is great steel in my opinion. I did have to send one back that had overtravel and was send a new one immediately. Great customer service and I will be buying more for presents.
Great overall quality and price. I'd buy it again.
There's a lot to be had on the Astor at this price point. Good steel / size with a solid feel and a great blade profile by Les George.
Hands down the best deal in the industry on a full size edc right now. The blade has a wonderful ratio as it’s not too thick with a high flat grind making it a great slicer. Mine came scary hair popping sharp with a toothy edge, which is my favorite edge for edc carry. I enjoy the esthetics of the blade too. This one was well thought out. Detent right out the box was perfect and thumb-stud deployment is snappy. This one runs on Oil Infused Phosphorus Bronze washers. This is great as the Sintered washers have embedded oil so you don’t need to worry about pivot lube for awhile. Don’t mess with the pivot when you get it, just fidget with it and in a few days she’s perfect! Les George did a Rockwell hardness test in his shop on a random Astor he received and it came in at 61Rc , that’s perfect! All in all this is a great knife with a wonderful blade and ergos.
Good user knife and well built for the price. Easy to sharpen. Action will improve with some TLC.
So far this blade has been excellent. I've been carrying it at work and using it to break down cardboard and cut plastic straps and the edge holds up very well and was fairly easy to resharpen. The blade is ground right to slice material well but maintain strength. Very light and feels great in the hand with a very smooth opening action. For the price this knife is an awesome deal on n my opinion.
Seems to be a great every day worker knife. Good steel, hand feel and design. Looking forward to beating it up.
The ASTOR, a collaboration between Spartan Blades and knife maker Les George, appears to be a robust folding knife designed for heavy-duty tasks. Here are the key features and specifications:
- Designers: Les George
- Blade Length: 3.5”
- Blade Thickness: 0.120”
- Overall Length: 8.25”
- Blade Steel: Premium CTS-XHP
- Blade Hardness: 58-60 HRC (Rockwell Hardness Scale)
- Blade Style: Folding-Drop point-Flat ground
- Blade Finish: Tumbled
- Frame: Liner Lock, One layer Carbon Fiber G-10 Composite
- Weight: 0.320 LBS (approximately 5.12 ounces)
- Deep Carry Pocket Clip: Configurable for left-hand carry by switching to the left side.
- Dual Thumb Studs: Facilitate ambidextrous opening.
- Bronze (Field) Grade: Incorporates the "Oil Infused Bronze Bushing System" (OIBBS) for a smooth blade opening.
- 2021 Blade Show Winner: "Imported Knife of the Year."
Design and Construction:
- The knife is designed as a robust "Work Horse" with carbon fiber G-10 composite scales.
- The liner-lock mechanism adds to the knife's sturdiness.
- The premium CTS-XHP steel and the specified Rockwell hardness indicate durability and excellent edge retention.
- The folding-drop point-flat ground blade style is versatile, suitable for a variety of cutting tasks.
- The tumbled finish provides a rugged and worn-in appearance while contributing to corrosion resistance.
Oil Infused Bronze Bushing System:
- The "Oil Infused Bronze Bushing System" is designed to reduce friction on the blade, ensuring a tight but smooth blade opening. This system is particularly useful for folding knives, especially in slow speeds, intermittent use, and uneven loads.
The ASTOR, with its focus on durability, functionality, and affordability, is well-suited for those seeking a reliable and versatile folding knife for demanding tasks. The recognition at the 2021 Blade Show further attests to its quality and craftsmanship.