27 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I was gifted one of these for my birthday and was/am blown away by everything it offers from the design, materials, craftsmanship, just everything. I immediately came here and bought some add-ons for it and it is by a huge margin the best dagger style blade I have ever owned. My girlfriend had seen me looking at Fairburne Sykes style, Bokers and other similar ones and man I was again just blown away when I opened the box and help it. TOP NOTCH! I'm trying to decide what to look at next,. Thanks to Kimberly and the customer service as well. Semper Fi and thanks!
I've got to say, the first one I purchased from Spartan is the nicest dagger I've ever placed in my collection. It's lively in the sense that it is both controllable and extraordinarily well balanced. The cross section isn't lopsided, which can be a problem with daggers made by beginners. The blade geometry is perfectly diamond-shaped and it doesn't at all appear to suffer the F-S/Marine Raider & et al. drawback of a weak tip. And, of course, it has a full tang instead of a threaded rattail. I don't want to rank on rattails too much, they aren't nearly as infamous as weak tips, after all. At any rate, I decided that I should have another Spartan Harsey dagger for my collection and I ordered one. And here it is, just as good as the first!! Nice job, Spartan. Keep up the good work.
Outstanding as usual
Fit and finish are pure perfection. Glad I pulled the trigger on this purchase. Also, do yourself a favor and get the kydex sheath. I have several spartan knives and this one is my favorite.
Another Spartan Blade exceeding expectations. The size and weight balance are great fits for me personally, and should perform well for it's intended use. For anyone looking for a dagger, I can't imagine one being any better made or functional.
Amazing quality. Fit and finish is perfect on the blade and the kydex sheath.
The Harsey Dagger is a True work of Art and just feels Right in your hands and the blade is Just Beautiful to look at in Black , I have a 8 inch Russian blade from Kizlyar and the Harsey Dagger is So Much Better in 45 SVN Steel !!! Its a Keeper for Sure :)
I'm going to go ahead and limit myself to commenting on the blade itself, as I've often found that the sheathes which come with even the most expensive blades mostly aren't up to much. I've handled, much to my delight, a few real, master-forged Japanese blades from the 18th and early 19th centuries. Their mode of construction and the materials used (if not their bloody history) seem to have a great deal to do with the incredibly high quality of each such item. And that is especially evident whilst handling them. There are only three blades in my not-particularly-extensive collection of fixed blade knives which are as lively and responsive in the hand as those elderly Japanese Wakizashi, Tanto and O-katana that I've handled in the past. And one of those is the Harsey dagger by Spartan Blades! Congratulations, Spartan... that is one of the highest compliments that I could attribute to postmodern craftsmen and their products here in the US. And I feel, upon examination, that it is the top-end materials and careful attention to detail which contribute to this effect and to a price which can only be characterized (under the prevailing circumstances) as entirely reasonable. Especially when dealing with production of the historical, 'manufacturer's nightmare'; the double-edged dagger.
This is one fine dagger.. excellent quality and obviously made by people who know what this type of weapon is used for and made it as if they might have to use it. Ron Park MSG. US Army 11b
Introducing the Spartan Harsey Dagger – a combat knife meticulously crafted by renowned designer William W. Harsey Jr., drawing inspiration from extensive collaboration with Special Operations Forces. This combat dagger showcases timeless design, premium US materials, and cutting-edge CPM MagnaCut steel, making it a standout choice for knife enthusiasts.
1. Prolific Design:
- Designed by William "Bill" Harsey Jr., the Spartan Harsey Dagger is a combat dagger perfected through insights gained from working closely with Special Operations Forces. Its design embodies the epitome of what a combat dagger should be.
2. Premium MagnaCut Steel:
- Crafted from CPM MagnaCut steel, the Spartan Harsey Dagger sets new standards for edge retention, toughness, and corrosion resistance. The blade undergoes a meticulous vacuum heat treatment, double deep cryogenic treatment, and pressure tempering for unparalleled performance.
3. Full Tang Construction:
- With full tang construction, this dagger ensures maximum strength and reliability in the most demanding situations. The robust design reflects its purpose as a dedicated combat tool.
4. Ergonomic Handle:
- The 3D contoured Double Black CE Canvas Micarta handle provides comfort and an optimal grip. Textured for excellent traction, the handle ensures a secure hold during intense situations.
5. Striking Aesthetics:
- A harmonious blend of captivating design and premium materials positions the Spartan Harsey Dagger as not just a functional tool but an American classic in the making.
6. Customizable Options:
- Choose from coating options such as PVD – Tungsten DLC (Flat Black) or ZrN (Flat Dark Earth) to tailor the dagger to your individual preference.
- Knife Name: Spartan Harsey Dagger
- Designer(s): William "Bill" Harsey
- Overall Length: 10 3/4"
- Blade Length: 6”
- Blade Thickness: 3/16”
- Blade Steel: CPM MagnaCut
- Blade Hardness: 61-63 HRC
- Blade Style: Dagger
- Coating: PVD – Tungsten DLC (Flat Black) or ZrN (Flat Dark Earth)
- Handle Material: 3D contoured Double Black CE Canvas Micarta®
- Sheath: Lined Nylon MOLLE sheath (Black, Coyote Tan, or MultiCam) or Kydex with Belt Loop (Black or Coyote Tan)
- Weight: 6.72 oz
Elevate your combat readiness with the Spartan Harsey Dagger – a masterpiece of design and functionality, featuring advanced MagnaCut steel. Spartan Blades – Setting the standard for elite-grade blades and precision engineering.